Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Reported By: wainyp — Whittier California
Public Storage
9011 bermudez Street Pico Rivera, California USA

Public Storage Bait and switch dishonesty Pico Rivera California

Been a customer for nearly 20 years  at this location for 1o years , They raised my rent 20% so i decided to move to a larger unit which was offered online for considerable less than my new rate, The online confirmation quoted my move-in cost which included a $22 admin cost. even though I was moving within the same facility.

When I got there they wanted $38 more than that  because they told me it was mandatory to buy a new $20 cylinder  lock even though I already had one, and I also was told insurance was mandatory even though I knew it was worthless.They lied to me saying It was necessary to have a new lock so both units would be locked at all times.

I talked to a Lady who was transfering her stuff also, she said she was not charged for a new lock but was charged the administration fee.The manager implied she was lying by saying she did pay for a new lock.This was not true as I saw the old unit was left with no lock(ie. unsecured) I am now the proud owner of 2 locks together worth maybe $5 & insurance I do not wish to have and the knowledge that the manger LIED TO ME .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2014 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Pico-Rivera-California-90660/Public-Storage-Bait-and-switch-dishonesty-Pico-Rivera-California-1151014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage