Complaint Review: Public Storage

Public Storage
2490 Herodian Way Smyrna, Georgia United States of America

Public Storage Thieves, Frauds, Deceitful, Master Criminals Smyrna, Georgia

*Author of original report: Sharon's Whereabouts

In March of 2012, I rented a unit from Sharon, who was employed as the manager at that time. This woman was very cordial, friendly, and helpful; as well as went out of her way to accomodate me in any way during my move-in. She assured me that there were no theft problems at her facility, as she would never tolerate such activity. In fact, on one visit to retrieve items, she and I had a 30 minute conversation about religion, morals, and people doing the right things in life. Sharon comes across as being a very God-fearing, religious person and frequently thanks God for her "blessings." But, don't be fooled by this. Sharon is anything but a woman of God.

A few months after moving my things into a unit at Sharon's location, I relocated out of state. At some point, I feel behind in my payments and my lock was cut from the unit. As such, only the manager (Sharon) and district manager (Jordan Messer) are authorized to cut the lock and access to the unit thereafter. As it was explained to me, by none other than Sharon, this is the procedure if and when Public Storage has to overlock a tenant. Not even other tenants can access a unit once it has been overlocked. I eventually brought my account current and two months later, moved out of the unit.

Upon moving out, I noticed several articles of clothing missing from my unit, including a pair of patent leather stiletto boots. The boots are officially missing, and were last seen in my unit where I stored them for the summer. Since there were only two people who had access to my unit, Sharon and Jordan, a guy -- guess who stole the boots? Of course, it is pointless to contact the corporate office about the vile, criminal behavior of their employees, so my only recourse is to file a complaint with the Cobb County Sheriff's Department and take out a warrant for Sharon's arrest. I will also add Jordan Messer to the complaint, since he too had access to my unit and was required to witness the manager cut the lock.

I am doing what is right and will have both of these criminal locked up and brought in front of a judge to answer to their criminal behavior. There is no way that Sharon should be allowed to work in another storage facility again. She is NOT to be trusted, not put in a fudiciary position. It is no wonder that she and her husband have moved from city to city, state to state -- probably running from the law each time that she is caught stealing from her employer and subsequently fired. She only worked at the Herodian Way location for less than a year. She stays long enough to accumulate enough merchandise, then either flees or is fired once her crime is discovered.

I do not know Sharon's last name, and really need to find her to take out the warrant. I have spoken to the sheriff's department and all I need is her last name. So, if anyone knows, please leave a reply as it might very well help others who have been victimized by this woman. Once the warrant is issued, both Jordan Messer and Sharon will need to turn themselves into the sheriff's department.

I am sick and tired of storage facilities hiring untrustworthy people to work, and failing to conduct background checks prior to hiring these low life vermin. It's clear that most of the people who work in these places, do so because they can't find meaningful employment elsewhere given their criminal background. But, someone needs to be held accountable if Public Storage will not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/Public-Storage-Thieves-Frauds-Deceitful-Master-Criminals-Smyrna-Georgia-975396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage

Sharon's Whereabouts

AUTHOR: Kim Smith - (United States of America)

I previously posted a complaint about the former property manager at the Public Storage located on Heroidan Way in Smyrna, Georgia. This woman stole many of my belongs which were stored in a unit at the above mentioned location. I would like my property back! So, if anyone knows of Sharon's whereabouts, please reply to this post. I have tried contacting the corporate office of Public Storage, but cannot get any corroboration.

It appears that Sharon and her husband get jobs at various storage facilities, rip off tenants then move away to another city before they are caught. The district manager, Jason Messer, is also aware of Sharon's criminal past, but has covered up for her.