rank

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 24, 2009

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Public Storage
1850 South West 41St Street Topeka, Kansas U.S.A.

Public Storage Stole our property Topeka Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Question

I rented a unit from Public storage in Topeka, Kansas and when it came time for me to open my unit it had a company lock on it and they had no answer as to why and the unit was completely cleaned out and even swept out all they offered us was our last monthly payment of 255 dollars and we had over 5,000.00 in merchandise in the unit. We filed a report with the police and contacted the better business bureau and the public storage headquarters in Los Angeles, California and all ignored us. So my last step is to file this report on a company who things there above the law, and pray someone else has had this same problem of being ripped off by this company.

Susan
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Topeka-Kansas-66609/Public-Storage-Stole-our-property-Topeka-Kansas-358677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage

Question

AUTHOR: PS2007 - (U.S.A.)

I am a current PS employee could you provide a little more information? Just saying it had a Ps lock on it, doesn't explain anything. Did you not pay your rent and it possibly got sold at auction, did you talk to the property and see if anyone notated anything on the account.

Please let me know...