Complaint Review: Public Storage

• Submitted: Sat, August 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By:kawasaki Other
Public Storage
20140 Sherman Way Winnetka, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 818-883-2790
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Public Storage My storage unit was opened by management there and when I went to close out 17,000-21,000 worth of vintage synths and electronics were gone with no explanation Winnetka California

*Consumer Comment: scammers

*UPDATE Employee: Update

I have had my account with them for 10 years and I came back to America to close out my locker. I hired a shipping company to ship my things back to Japan when to my dismay all of my valuables were gone. I had vintage synthesizers and keyboards, digital recorders and even had h*o scale slot cars and trains in there that I've had since the age of 12. How in the world can I get compensated for these items and of course I was told that my insurance had lapsed. I made all of my payments because everything was so valuable to me. Is there a way to stop them?.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Public Storage & other moving and storage companies

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2008 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Storage/Winnetka-California-91306/Public-Storage-My-storage-unit-was-opened-by-management-there-and-when-I-went-to-close-out-368429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Storage

AUTHOR: Logan714 - (U.S.A.)

Oh, public scammers. Can you tell that I'm a dissatisfied customer due to the thieves you imploy.  I did hear rumors of a class action lawsuit.  I guess I could look further.

Here's public scammers scam:  A major corporation lobbied different State Legislatures and here's what their money bought

if you fall behind on your payment they take "possession" of your property and lock you out, but they do not maintain custody and control of the items. What bunch of people besides public scammers would this benefit.  The maximum penalty for theft by public scammers employees is termination for under $2000. They maintain absolutely no key logs. Their keys from working in the real estate  profession, are easily duplicated.

So that means a crooked employee can duck out for 20 minutes and get a second set of keys cut at Home Depot. There you go. Pass keys to all the lockout units. Then they just cherry pick a couple of things out of the unit and they have more than sufficient time to scam away.  Also the scamming insurance company operates under the same rules. "Well, if Public Scammers changed your lock, then we're not responsible."

It even gets more reprehensible with Public Scammers.  In my particular case my dad lives 6 blocks away and were told that if there was any problem with payment, etc. to please call him and he would immediately take care of it.  They never did.  Not once and his address was the one on file.

So, no profanities but I guess blow me isn't one.  So, blow me Public Scammers.  I can't wait for this lawsuit to get together.  I hope you get what you truly deserve.

And if anyone has heard about the law suit, please tell me. I can't wait to get in on it against these scamming thieves.

AUTHOR: PSemployee - (U.S.A.)

Where you current on your payments? Were your items auctioned? Were your burgularized? What insurance did you have? Let me know.