Complaint Review: Publications Max - Magazine Burst

• Submitted: Sun, November 02, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2008

• Reported By:San Clemente California
Publications Max - Magazine Burst
990 Grove Street, Ste. 204 Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Publications Max - Magazine Burst seriously overcharged my bank account for more than the correct amount Evanston Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Additional Help/Contact Information

*Author of original report: monies reimbursed

The site advertised 5 magazine subscriptions for $27.00. There was no indication that there would be in any other charges. Within 5 minutes, my bank account showed a charge of $92.00.

Please note that I was led to this site by responding to a "Claim Your $1,000 Walmart Gift Card" email. Since I did enter the legitimate contest that Walmart is hosting, I did not realize the email was a scam.

I had to report my card as stolen to prevent any further charges and I intend to vigorously contest this charge on my account to the full extent of the law.

Annemarie
San Clemente, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2008 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Max-Magazine-Burst/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Publications-Max-Magazine-Burst-seriously-overcharged-my-bank-account-for-more-than-the-387300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Max - Magazine Burst

Additional Help/Contact Information

AUTHOR: Jeff Berman - (U.S.A.)

Dear Annemarie,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Magazine Burst. If you need any further assistance, please call 886-624-2877 and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Sincerely,
Jeff Berman
Direct of Customer Service
jberman@publicationsmax.com

monies reimbursed

AUTHOR: Annemarie - (U.S.A.)

Fortunately Publications Max does have a website and contact information. My incident took place on a Saturday so I had to wait until Monday to get someone on the phone. I called and asked to get the charges reversed and they told me they would reverse it within 3-5 business days. It took a few days longer than that, but they did reimburse me. I hope everyone else is able to get the same results. Also, I feel much better about this situation since I reported my card as stolen and got a new one.

eventually