Complaint Review: Publications Max - Magazine Burst

• Updated: Fri, November 27, 2009

• Reported By: Cassi — Parker City Indiana United States of America
Publications Max - Magazine Burst

Publications Max - Magazine Burst Magazine Ripoff scam, Internet

I answered an ad on the internet offering 5 subscriptions for $27.  I noticed that most of them were cheaper magazines to begin with.  I noticed that there was an asterisk next to my total of $27 on the charge authorization page.  When I clicked the link, there was probably 20+ pages of legal jargon and I scanned through trying to find a "catch".  I didn't see anything implying additional charges and I submitted the form.  It was about 1:00am on August 14, 2009 and much later that morning my husband asked me what the $90.88 charge on our account for magazines was.  I immediately called them and they said there were surcharges per magazine.  I asked to have this cancelled and the money refunded and they said no problem, we'll send your confirmation number via email and you'll receive a credit within 1-2 business cycles.  Four business days later I called back to discover that a business cycle is 30 days.  after 64 days there was still no credit and I called to be told that it was 60 BUSINESS days.  Here it is 3 1/2 months later and still no refund.  I called a got a recording to leave a number and a representative would call back and none has.  When I called and left a message that I was pursuing legal action, they charged another $89.00 to my account.  When we called they claimed it was a clerical error and would be removed and not processed through.  I was of course processed through and when we called we were told it would be credited within 72 hours.  I'm still hope to receive the refund they promised, but am doubtful.  Meanwhile, I'm filing claims with the FBI internet crimes division and the my state Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Max-Magazine-Burst/internet/Publications-Max-Magazine-Burst-Magazine-Ripoff-scam-Internet-529685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Max - Magazine Burst