Complaint Review: Publications Max

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 03, 2008

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Publications Max
990 Grove St Ste 204 Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Publications Max Misleading Internet Magazine Offer Evanston Illinois

I responded to an internet ad offering five magazine subscriptions for $27.00. I chose the five magazines i wanted, completed the application and payment, and was informed to expect a wait of 5-6 weeks.

My next bank statement reflected a withdrawal made to Publications Max for $90.89. I called to question this amount, and was told that it included "handling charges."

After 10 weeks with no magazines in sight, I called Publications Max to check on the status. I was told that the magazines were on "back order" and to wait another 2-3 weeks.

Four weeks later, I called again to say that I had not yet seen a single magazine. I was told (abruptly) that my order would be canceled (without my having asked, and with no explanation) and that I would see a credit in 7-10 business days.

I haven't recovered the $90.89, but about three months ago I began, inexplicably, to receive a monthly issue of Parents Magazine, which was most certainly NOT one of my choices. I had pretty much decided to let it go until I happened upon the Ripoff Report about Publications Max.

Rosie
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Max/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Publications-Max-Misleading-Internet-Magazine-Offer-Evanston-Illinois-397609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Max