Complaint Review: Publications Max

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Cedar Rapids Iowa
Publications Max
990 Grove St., Ste.204 Evanston, Illinois U.S.A.

Publications Max Ordered magazines on-line at advertised rate of $27.00. They billed my credit card $86.85 Evanston Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Still Ripping People Off

*UPDATE Employee: Additional Help

I ordered magazines from an email that I received.
The email advertised "Choose 5 magazines for $27.00."
They billed my credit card $86.85.

I called them and they said that I didn't read the fine print [which I did].

They claimed that the extra costs were handling charges imposed by the various magazine publishers.
They said that they would credit my card in 3 to 5 business days.

I am still waiting.

Merry
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Max/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Publications-Max-Ordered-magazines-on-line-at-advertised-rate-of-2700-They-billed-my-cr-306115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Max

Still Ripping People Off

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I noticed in this report and on other complain sites, a representative from PublicationsMax stating how sorry they are and that they will make amends, but the company is still practicing their unethical and I think, illegal way of doing business.

As was originally reported, I too was charged $87.84 from the ad that stated 5 magazines for $27.00. That was two months ago and every time I contact the company I receive nothing but excuses and the last one was that the previous credit card processing company was not posting properly so they changed processing companies. I was told the money would be post to my bank account in 3 days and still I have no refund from the company.

Per might rights as a consumer, I have contacted the US Attorney General, the Illinois State Attorney General and this afternoon, I am filling out the paperwork to dispute the transaction. There is plenty of evidence on the web to back up my claim of being ripped off by PulicationsMax.

When I first contacted PublicationsMax to cancel, I too was told that I didn't read the the fine print. There was no fine print on the advertisement so this to me is theft by deception or the classic; bait and switch.

Additional Help

AUTHOR: Jeff Berman - (U.S.A.)

Dear Merry,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Publications Max. If you need any further assistance, please call 886-624-2877 and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Sincerely,