Complaint Review: Publications Max

• Updated: Thu, December 17, 2009

• Reported By: birrman56 — Cedar Rapids Iowa United States of America
Publications Max
990 Grove Street Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Publications Max Seattle Coffee Direct This group does not appear to be operating legally Evanston, Illinois

*Author of original report: The Better Business Bureau resolved the problem

*Consumer Comment: Same here

I checked my bank account and noticed I was charged $79 on 10/27 and have another pending charge of $79 as of 10/30.  I immediately called my bank and reported the unauthorized charges.  One of the charges was from Publications Max which I have never heard of.  The second was from Seattle Coffee Direct which I unfortunately signed up for around 7 months ago not realizing there was a monthly shipment and membership fee.  I cancelled the Seattle Coffee account and had not heard from them again until now.  I researched this issue and discovered that these two companies operate out of the same location.  I was also surprised to find that other individuals have also had these "mystery" $79 unauthorized charges recently.  I'm not sure how a business can get away with this.  So far I have had to cancel my bank card and am in the process of figuring out how to be reimbursed the $158 that the companies took from my account without permission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Max/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Publications-Max-Seattle-Coffee-Direct-This-group-does-not-appear-to-be-operating-legally-531094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Max

The Better Business Bureau resolved the problem

AUTHOR: birrman56 - (United States of America)

It's been 2 weeks and I still have not been able to get the company on the phone.  Luckily I had filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  They were able to notify the company of the complaint and was able to get the company to refund my money.

Same here

AUTHOR: Asuka - (United States of America)

I was charged by Publicationsmax as well! And I had dealt with Seattle Coffee Direct as well too a long time ago and never heard from them either. I didn't hear from them, but no doubt they're related.

I would like to know whether you'll be reimbursed because I just called and had my card canceled as well.