Complaint Review: Publications @ Mile High

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: InM45 — Stone Mountain Georgia United States of America
Publications @ Mile High
Po Box 260076 bkCompanyPOBox Lakewood, Colorado United States of America

Publications @ Mile High False contract, Phishing for Credit Card, Lied, Deciptive practices Lakewood, Colorado

I received a call from a telemarketers on 11/10/2012, the customer service rep from Publications @ Mile High asked me if I enjoyed my magazines that they have sent me. I told the CSR,  that I have not received any magazines, and she went on to tell me that I signed up for a 5 year subcription service online at $49.99 totaling $1,248.75. Publications at Mile High said I signed up on 09/11/2011 of this year which was not true.  The CSR could not provide me their number, a website, and they lied about the company they were calling from. She mentioned they were calling from Subscription Solutions, but I received past due notices from "Publications at Mile High".  The CSR transferred me to her manager to "cancel" my agreement and apologized. The manager somehow had my last 4 of my credit card already and my address, I have no idea how they got it. The manager stated he would allow me to cancel, if I gave them my credit card #, address,  and occupation. I reluctantly gave him the information and he told me the call was being recorded. Immediately after I got off the phone, I saw my card was charged for $49.99, now they are alleging the day that I supposedly canceled for some service I never signed up for is when I signed up for a 5 year agreement with them. I fell for an obvious phishing tactic, I should have known not to give my credit card number over the phone. I've contacted the Colorado Attorney General office and filed a complaint as well as with the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Mile-High/Lakewood-Colorado-80226/Publications-Mile-High-False-contract-Phishing-for-Credit-Card-Lied-Deciptive-practi-985164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications @ Mile High