Complaint Review: Publications Unlimited

• Updated: Fri, December 18, 2009

• Reported By:Jackson MI
Publications Unlimited
publicationsunlimited.com Internet U.S.A.

Publications Unlimited Subscribed Me To Magazine Without My Consent magazine subscription ripoff fraud Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Publications Unlimited DOES NOT subscribe consumers

The last two months I've received Golf Digest. Somehow, I find myself subscribed to this magazine. I've never golfed in my life, never watched it or had the slightest interest in it. I contacted the magazine, and they told me I had to cancel through the agent that entered the subscription.

I informed them that this wasn't sufficient because I never contacted that agency and any subscription entered on my behalf was fraudulent. Golf Digest provided a 1-800 number for me to call Publications Unlimited directly, but two attempts were fruitless. An answering machine picks up and does not allow you to leave a message, telling you to call back later.

I've never heard of Publications Unlimited until now, but I can only assume they are a fraudulent scheme that attempts to charge people for subscriptions to magazines they never asked for. I can only assume they pirated my identity and other information via the internet, which makes them guilty of even more serious crimes.

Do not have anything to do with this agent. Do not have anything to do with Golf Digest, either, as they are useless and don't seem to want to get involved, even after I explained the situation to them.

Gary
Jackson, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2004 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publications-Unlimited/internet/Publications-Unlimited-Subscribed-Me-To-Magazine-Without-My-Consent-magazine-subscription-122778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publications Unlimited

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Publications Unlimited DOES NOT subscribe consumers

AUTHOR: Rebuttal Publications Unlimited - (United States of America)

Publications Unlimited USA, Inc. has been in business since 1949.  Publications Unlimited USA is one of several processing centers for various independent agents across the United States.  Publications Unlimited USA has never solicited business to any subscribers.  Publications Unlimited USA does not have a merchant account in which consumers claim they are charged. We have NEVER received any monies from any subscribers, however, in the interest of good will, whenever a publisher has referred us on a complaint we have done everything in our power to resolve any problem by attempting to contact the company that originally placed the subscription and have when possible made arrangements for a refund.   If you have been referred to Publications Unlimited USA, please feel free to contact our customer service department M - F at 800-267-2611 and we will try to help you in anyway we can.

Before calling us, we do suggest you contact the company in which you paid, referencing your check, bank records or your credit card statement.  If you receive no satisfaction, please, feel free to call us.