Complaint Review: Publicrecords.com

• Submitted: Sun, August 07, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 07, 2011

• Reported By: Gary — San Antonio Texas U.S.A.
Publicrecords.com

Publicrecords.com Watch out for these guys. Internet

I was curious about an old friend that I knew years ago.  I did a simple search and was directed to one of the "hijack" sites, PublicRecords.com. which stated that for $2.95, I could obtain any address associated with this individual.  I went thru the hoops and paid the requested amount thru my debit card.  The returned report didn't provide any relevant information.  I sent an email thru this company's site requesting that the membership that had been established be immediately cancelled.

Upon checking my debit card account today, I discovered that this company had additionally debited an additional $19.95 from my account.  I sent an email to this company stating that they were to immediately remove the additional charge from my debit account.

These types of companies use all sorts of gimmicks  that they hide behind to rip people off.  I have to admit that I smelled a scam of sorts, but went ahead with the $2. [continued below]....
.....95 transaction anyway, figuring that if it didn't pan out, no great loss.  Somehow, they manage to put in the additional $19.95 charge.  I know that the government is starting to take action against companies that pull these sorts of actions but I imagine that they are hard to keep up with.

I am a retried police officer and have very little regard for people who operate these sorts of scams.  Even the information that is provided is almost totally useless at best.  I suspect that the majority of this sites play on the narcississim that exists in many of the personalities of our society.

I am posting this warning as for what it is, a warning.  Do not sign up for any of this site's services unless you want to be involved in a hassle that you don't really need.

Gary Ryno
Retired Cop

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2011 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publicrecordscom/internet/Publicrecordscom-Watch-out-for-these-guys-Internet-762120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publicrecords.com