Complaint Review: Publish America Book Publishers

• Submitted: Sat, December 05, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, December 05, 2009

• Reported By: Anon — Frostburg Maryland United States of America
Publish America Book Publishers

Publish America Book Publishers, publishamerica.net, To categorize these people with the nazis, would be an insult to the nazis, Internet

My search for these jokers began, with a blog which I had read on a popular poetry website. The blogger boasted how she landed a 7 book contract with publish america. "Wow!"... I thought to myself. I contacted the company, and things seemed to be okay.

I was then told that they only accept one manuscript at a time, and that there are no contracts for multiple submissions. Seems this blogger was a publish america "plant" Then I get a contract which I had signed, giving the publisher 7 years of possession of my book. I got that big one dollar advance on my book, which is an insult.  I received no real author support, just the printed book, and no information on my royalties, and the structure of the royalties.

If you're an attorney, and you're reading this...I would like to nail these morons to the wall.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2009 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publish-America-Book-Publishers/internet/Publish-America-Book-Publishers-publishamericanet-To-categorize-these-people-with-the-n-534355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publish America Book Publishers