Complaint Review: Publish America

• Submitted: Fri, November 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 14, 2008

• Reported By:Lincoln Park New Jersey
Publish America
1-70 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Publish America Using ,y real name on my book pages when I asked them to use a pen name, Will not accept all my corrections on my manuscript and have taken my work as it was their own; Only gave me 48 hours to read through my whole book to change spelling and punctuation errors; Made a mess out of my book after their own editing. They are horrible, abusive people and want my contact voided. Baltimore Maryland

Publish American agreed to publish my book. I was a bit leary because of the complaints against them but signed the contract anyway. All went well until the editing process. My book was returned with more errors than the original manuscript and when I tried to change them they refused to make any corrections and wanted to leave the book the way it was. They would only correct spelling and grammar errors that they had made. They changed my real name to my pen name but kept my real name on all of the pages and will not change it. This is a major problem because my story is an autobiography and DO NOT want my identity known. I even asked to change the name of my book and they refused. They are ruining my hard work and they do not have that right. They will not e-mail me and when I call the person I speak with replies "there is nothing I can do and there is no one else to speak to"
My book is a mess and I am ashamed for anyone to read it.

Nancy
Lincoln Park, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publish-America/Baltimore-Maryland-21075/Publish-America-Using-y-real-name-on-my-book-pages-when-I-asked-them-to-use-a-pen-name-W-391323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publish America