Complaint Review: Publish America

• Updated: Sat, July 30, 2005

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Publish America
Publish America, Lllp P.O. Box 151 Frederick, Maryland Belarus

Publish America Fraudulent misrepresentaion. Contract extortion. Frederick Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: I am Sorry for the frustrations

It is unfortunate that I did not come across the reports concerning Publish america until after i signed a contract with them. After doing so I sent several e-mails to the company demanding answers to questions concering area's that it was appearent that they had misrepresented themselves. i recieved no rely. I did this several time with our acknowledgement from the company.

Finally after recieving nothing for over a month and a half I stated that I no longer had any faith in the company. This very day I recieved threatening e-mial stating that the contract gives them complete cpntrol over my work, and that i no longer have anysay as to the publication of my work, a poinbt which I believe to be competely debatable.

Publish america is now claiming that I have no rights. From the highly arrogant and insulting manner of the company representitive, I must beleive that a vast number of people have been cheated by these con men. I am hoping that thei is some one out their who can offer help on how to defeat these bums. I have labored long and hard on my book, and I hate the idea that it will now never know publication thanks to these monsters.

Donald
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2005 01:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publish-America/Frederick-Maryland-21705-1051/Publish-America-Fraudulent-misrepresentaion-Contract-extortion-Frederick-Maryland-147335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publish America

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I am Sorry for the frustrations

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Donald, I am sorry for the frustrations this company has put you through. I wish you had found this site before you submitted your work to Publish America.

For the past few months I have been a constant on these boards, speaking my mind, and hoping to warn others about PA. Several times I've come under attack for not being "kinder" in my approach. People want to kill the messenger and ignore the message.

I'm afraid there's little you can do. Since you already signed the contract with PA, they have 100% control of your work for the next 7 years. You can't even submit the same work to another publisher or you'll be sued for breach of contract.