Complaint Review: Publish America

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2008

• Reported By:spokane Washington
Publish America
2514 E 5th Ave Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Publish America Scam destroys writers dreams. Frederick Maryland

I was contacted in October of 2007 by Publish America who expressed an interest in publishing my book Montana Legacy's Forbidden Love. After briefly reviewing my book they sent an email to me to tell me they would like to publish my book. I was very excited as my long dream of becoming a published writer was about to come true. Publish America sent me a contract which I reviewed. It stated that my book would be professionally edited before going to the art department where I would help select a cover from my book. They promised that my book would be available in bookstores. And they would market my book.

I soon learned that all of this was a lie. They're a publish on demand publisher. My book didn't receive professional editing. The book filled with errors. Book stores don't by publish on demand books. So my book will never see the book shelves. My book is way over priced for the market. Another reason my book will never see the book shelves. Everything they promised me was a lie. And now they keep sending me emails in an attempt to get me to buy copies of my book. What should have been a dream has turned into a nightmare for me. I spent years writing this book and it makes me sick that I was tricked into signing a contract with such a company.

Ghostwritermsc07
spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publish-America/Frederick-Maryland-21705/Publish-America-Scam-destroys-writers-dreams-Frederick-Maryland-300753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publish America