Complaint Review: PublishAmerica, LLLP

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: Kimberly — Vero Beach Florida United States of America
PublishAmerica, LLLP

PublishAmerica, LLLP offered to publish a book for me but never answered my questions properly Internet

I came across PublishAmerica on the Internet.  I have been wanting to publish a book of my poetry.  I got accepted by them for publish.

Everything was going good, until I got the Author Questionnaire.  I have asked several questions of them, and they have avoided answering my questions properly.  I have also called the only number I could find for them, and was told that they would talk to the person I work with, and have not heard back from them in 3 days now.

I have not given them anything that they have requested in their pre-publishing phase.  They have a sample manuscript, but not the full manuscript.  In order to print my manuscript I know that a legitimate publisher would pay for the right to print my manuscript.

I gave them phone numbers to contact me, they have my email address to contact me, and still no reply from them.  The last email I received from them was on the 13th of January, which was a short reply to my three questions asked.  The answer was short, and not to the point and didn't answer all three questions.

They were given my Social Security Number for purposes of the book, and now I am wondering if I should be leery of that fact, and what I should do about it.

What I have learned recently is that they are a publisher scam, a vanity publisher, they run their organization on a pyramid scheme which can cause the author to lose thousands of dollars.

Thankfully, I own my copyright.  PublishAmerica has not made one offer to pay for the rights to print my copyrighted manuscript.  I am awaiting the copyright certificate as of this report.

I am also, and encourage anyone else that has encountered PublishAmerica to report them to the FTC, NCL, and the Attorney General's Office in their state or country.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PublishAmerica-LLLP/internet/PublishAmerica-LLLP-offered-to-publish-a-book-for-me-but-never-answered-my-questions-pro-829532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PublishAmerica, LLLP