Complaint Review: PublishAmerica

• Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: R.McGee — Fairmont West Virginia United States of America
230 E. Patrick Street Frederick, Maryland United States of America

PublishAmerica Publish America is Untruthful. Frederick, Maryland

I am one of many authors with Publish America that feels they have been lied to. Publish America presents themselves as  a traditional advance and royalty paying book publisher. They have all the authors that contact and agree to their services sign a contract for the length of 7 years. In this contract, they say one thing but it means another. They make it sound like the author is getting what they want. Their dreams to come true.

For most of the authors, the truth is revealed too late. I have dont extensive research on this Print on Demand company. I have contacted the Publishers Weekly asking them if they would review my book. They replied that they do not review books of self-published authors or authors of POD companies. I have contacted several publicity agencies asking them to help me promote my book. They also turned me down because of my "publisher."

I have been given two different official release dates for my book, Silenced. I emailed them several times asking which day is the actual day for the release of my book. Once I finally got a reply from them, my question was avoided and unanswered. I have repeatedly asked them to let me go from the contract but still no replies. I even offered to stay quiet about this and not contact any outside sources. Now that I havent gotten any replies from them at this moment, I am announcing my story as well as others.

I know several authors who have documented their sales with Publish America. When the royalty payment time came around, they got a letter in the mail stating that very little to no books were sold. Therefore, Publish America announced to them that they did not owe them a royalty. One Author that I talked to has reciepts of 1,000 books sold in the last time frame. She received her statement in the mail saying that she did not sale any books and $0 was due. Therefore, they are keeping unacurate records.

My advise for any one that is looking to make the dream come true of being an Author. Please do your research and do not sign up with Publish America unless they are what you are looking for. If you just want to see your book in print without the sales, they are perfect for you. For any other cases, they are not. You can google them and see how many satisifed authors they have. Try it and you will be surprised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PublishAmerica/Frederick-Maryland-21701/PublishAmerica-Publish-America-is-Untruthful-Frederick-Maryland-578563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PublishAmerica