Complaint Review: Publishamerica

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:ste anne Manitoba
Publishamerica
Po Box151 Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Publishamerica This publisher falsely leads authors to believe that they will distribute your published book. I ordered 200 copies of the novel that they published for me; they sent me 150 copies of my novel and fifty copies of another book, not mine. When I contacted them about the error they had made and asked them to send me the fifty books they had shorted me on my order, they refused. Frederick Maryland

I would like to make known my bad experience with publish ammerica. I am a new author and didn't suspect that I would be taken in by an unscrupulous publisher.

They published my manuscript, a novel called, 'Familiar Stranger.'

The promises they made regarding distribution of my novel are, it appears, dishonest.

I order 200 copies of my nove for which I paid the shipping as well as the cost of the books. They shorted me 50 copies on the order and refuse to correct their error.

They should not be allowed to deal with the public. It appears that they are, at best, scam artists. I hope a class action suit to set things right and pay damages can be raised. This company should not be allowed to operate!

A. funk
ste anne, Manitoba
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishamerica/Frederick-Maryland-21705/Publishamerica-This-publisher-falsely-leads-authors-to-believe-that-they-will-distribute-y-440138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishamerica