Complaint Review: Publisher Clearing House

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Stockton California
Publisher Clearing House
www.pch.com Stockton, California U.S.A.

Publisher Clearing House 2nd grand prize scam Stockton California

On Friday, Febuary 27th 2009 I got a fraudulant check in the mail for $5,935.00 from Canada. It said that I had won the 2nd Grand Prize in the Reader's Digest Drawing. The prize was supposedly 1 million dollars.

The check had the name Sharon Mills at 1-888-317-4154 on it. When i called her I was told that an IRS agent had my million. I was supposed to put the $5,935 in my account and send back $3,800. The $3,800 was for fees to come deliver the 1 million.

It sounded immensly real to me and I was planning on going through with it until i read all of the complaints on this website. I've seen others with the same check, who thought they won the same prize, and the same fake information was given to them. It's a scam!!! I got scammed!

It's depressing, really, that they get people's hopes up and then try to scam you out of all the money you own!!

Deanna
Stockton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publisher-Clearing-House/Stockton-California-95204/Publisher-Clearing-House-2nd-grand-prize-scam-Stockton-California-430505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher Clearing House