Complaint Review: Publisher Direct Sweepstakes

• Submitted: Wed, October 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 22, 2008

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Publisher Direct Sweepstakes
Www.publisherdirectsweepstakes.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Publisher Direct Sweepstakes claims i won $285,000 tax free Las Vegas Nevada

This company contacted me yesterday(tuesday oct 21,2008) and stated i had won $285,000 tax free from a sweepstakes i had entered. He then asked me how would i like to recieve my check. I stated the quicker the better and stated fed ex but it would cost me $500.00. I then asked him the other ways and he then stated someone would be calling me the next day to confirm my winning check. Mr John Brown called me from 718-355-8807 and also stated my winning prize id was 20071299ae. On wednesday (today) a lady by the name of Melissa Jackson called and stated she was calling to confirm my check and that she was calling from the Federal Claims Dept in washington,dc and that the check was federally insured. Ms. Jackson stated she had my check there drawn off of bank of america for $285,000 but i had to pay a insurance payment of $2,850.00 that would be 100% refunded once i have recieved my check. she stated the insurance company was with LLoyds of London. Melissa Jackson called me from 866-925-3830 which is suppose to be to the federal claims dept in washington,dc. They also tried by giving me a security code for my check which they stated was PD1667. They are now waiting for me to return the call to set up arrangements to have my check delivered. I have already contacted Consumer affairs in area also Secret services where i have provided them with tn also. I hope you catch them and you can start now, they are eagerly waiting for me to call them back with payment info on my check.

Buffie23234
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publisher-Direct-Sweepstakes/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Publisher-Direct-Sweepstakes-claims-i-won-285000-tax-free-Las-Vegas-Nevada-383667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher Direct Sweepstakes