Complaint Review: Publishers Business Services - magsubs.com

• Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By: Grace — Monmouth Junction New Jersey United States of America
Publishers Business Services - magsubs.com
4528 Monroe St. Internet United States of America

Publishers Business Services - magsubs.com Failed to mention no cancellation and contract lenght of 29 months Internet

My story is similar to ones posted up already.  I was contacted at work, and took a short survey.  They took some information, but I did not give banking or credit information.  They failed to mention that the account would not be able to be cancelled later on.  They also failed to note that I would be billed a total of $897.00.

They called at my work again, insisting on a payment.  I gave them my routing and checking number, and immediately regretted it.  I did research online and was extremely uncomfortable with all the reports I read.  I immediately had my bank put a stop payment on it and everything else related to them.  I also filed a compliant with the FTC.

I have written a note and mailed it to them asking them to cancel my account.

I have read that they are not allowed to affect your credit score due to the FTC temporary restraining order placed on May 20, 2008, but I am still wary.

Right now it's a waiting game to see what they do next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Business-Services-magsubscom/internet/Publishers-Business-Services-magsubscom-Failed-to-mention-no-cancellation-and-contract-524799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Business Services - magsubs.com