Complaint Review: Publisher's Business Services

• Submitted: Sat, January 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 03, 2009

• Reported By:savannah Georgia
Publisher's Business Services
magsubs.com Altamonte Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Publisher's Business Services PBS- Biggest Rip Off Scam Artist comapany I've ever had the mispleasure of dealing with!!! Altamonte Springs Florida

Going back to the end of 2006, I recieved a call at work ( at the time was an Embassy Suites) asking me to answer a short survey. While I read these other reports on this website, it feels like deja vu.

I was asked what I did for a living and how I pay my bills. What type of magazines do I read and what do I do as a hobby. I was getting extremely frustrated because it was a very busy afternoon so I answered the woman's questions and hng up quickly. I was told I would recieve some trial magazines to check them out and see how I liked them. Then I was told that all I had to pay was the shipping and handling fees for the magazines which would be a total of $18.00. I started receiving magazines and after the first 5 (which were supposed to be the trials) they just kept coming.

I started receiving bills every month in the mail. I ignored them. Then a rep contacted me at work, AGAIN, saying that because I was such a good customer, they were going to offer me more trial magazines. I told her that I was at work and I was very busy and could not talk. I then started getting bills for not only one, but TWO accounts. They had opened up a second account.

They continued to call me at work at least twice a week. If a co-worker answered the phone and said that I was with a guest, they would hang up and repeatedly call back until I answered the phone and then nag me for a payment.

A few months later they contacted me at work again telling me I was such a great customer and they wanted to offer me even MORE trial magazines. I told the gentleman on the phone that I do not want their magazines and I wanted to be removed from their mailing list and for them to no longer contact me at work. I then started recieving bills for THREE accounts.

Every few weeks I get these little pink slips in the mail and blocked phone calls (between 15-20 a day!!!) saying how much money I owe them and I refuse to pay! This company is a huge rip off built on nothing but scam artists. Every time I try to call and speak to someone about cancelling, I'm transferred and then "conveniently" disconnected. It's getting really old and I wish I could figure a way out of this. These people are ruining my credit and driving me insane! I don't know what else to do at this point other than to make other people aware of this

Ashley

Savannahgal
savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Business-Services/Altamonte-Springs-Florida/Publishers-Business-Services-PBS-Biggest-Rip-Off-Scam-Artist-comapany-Ive-ever-had-the-407545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher's Business Services