Complaint Review: Publishers Business Services

• Submitted: Tue, November 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 06, 2007

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
Publishers Business Services
701 N. Green Valley Parkway, St. 200 Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Publishers Business Services I know how they got my contact info. Henderson Nevada

So I've had a similar experience to those listed, had some strange conversation on the phone with a couple of different people. Only verbally agreed to their deal of paying nothing or taking a look at what they sent me. Received an invoice asking for $740 all told over 60 months and listing my "recording number" menacingly. Promptly sent them a reply telling them that I hadn't agreed to any of that and to cancel my account. Furthermore their magazine selection was very poor and probably worse than it looked given that you had to list a 'second choice' for every replacement magazine.

The difference is that I know exactly how they got my information and it disturbs me. When I became a federal employee I had to register a Duns # as a business owner. In fact I am a contractor doing consulting for the government as an individual. Since filing my Duns # over the phone with a Duns employee a very short time ago, I've received two calls from people who referred to me as a "business owner", something no one else in the world would assume based on any other material available about my person.

The first was a retired police magazine (which I didn't really mind) and the second was this company. I am not sure whether the government is selling contact information for business owners, or the Duns corp. is or whether they're just negligently listing it somewhere in public. Either way I am 99.99% certain that this is the means by which these companies have gotten my "business number". They even cited my address as being the one I listed for my Duns # and not the one that I have recently changed my mailing to. Food for thought.

Cat W.
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2007 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Business-Services/Henderson-Nevada-89074/Publishers-Business-Services-I-know-how-they-got-my-contact-info-Henderson-Nevada-283425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Business Services