Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House Christopher Porter, CFO; Sandra Woolfe:Pila's Pantree And Gift Center; Ba

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2009

• Reported By:Arleta California
Norco, California U.S.A.

Publishers Clearing House = Christopher Porter, CFO - Sandra Woolfe - Pila's Pantree And Gift Center - Bank Of America Ba Scam lett$r sent stating I won $1,000,000 as second prize winner - check for $5,9036 enclosed- cash it to give $4,500 to brinks man on Monday, Presidents day and bank holiday. Not a cashiers check as they said, B of A check from Pila's Pantree and Gift Center Norco California

Yesterday, Ferruary 12th, I received a letter from PCH stating that I had won second prize in a $7,000,000 Grand Priz Drawing sponsored by Readers Digest.

It also states, "enclised in this letter is a certified check to cover any outstanding fees that that has not been paid by PCH directly." Notice the gramatical error in that phrase. PCH states that they make NO gramatical mistakes in their letters and that such errors are one sign of a scam. It also came in bulk mail.

then it states, in bold writing, "Please contact your representative without any delay. BEFORE depositing this check and fo further information on this prize." Representative is given at Sandra Woolfe at the phone number submitted elsewhere in the report.

It also warns me that "it is obligated by U.S. Federal law that your SECURITY CODE AND PRIZE INFORMATION ARE KEPT HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL for safety and security. The internal Revenur agent handling your file is Mr. Henry Cohen. This is signed by the CFO, Christopher Porter.

After a day of phone tag T, I finally talked with Ms. Woolfe (the big bad woof?) and she confirmed that this was real and that my security code was correct and I had won $1,000,000. The Prize Patrol would be at my door on Monday morning with my check.

A Brinks Truck Driver would be there and I needed to go to my bank and deposit the check for $5,935 so I could give the driver $4,500 on Monday morning. She explained that he will only take cash on delivery of the prize. My tax man would also be there to immediately cash the taxes due.

Since research on the PCH Web, I have discered that all of the above are elements of a scam. You pay no taxes until you file your reguar taxes.

I went immediately to the bank. At the bank, the teller went to look into this check and informed me that this was a scam. She kept the original check and letter and gave me a copy of these two materials.

I called Ms. Woolfe back and told her that the bank said it was a scam, wanted her to somehow prove themn wrong. I did not want to believe it was a scam..only a mistake by the bank. I did not tell her this, however.

She was shocked..could not believe that this had happened, said she would look into it and get back to me. No reply yet. I

It is only Friday, what will happen Monday, I wonder?

Saw a similar scam on your site and had to report this one, too. The one from Henry Freeman. The names they choose are fetching, no?

Bud
Arleta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House-Christopher-Porter-CFO-Sandra-WoolfePilas-Pantree-And-Gift-Center-Ba/Norco-California/Publishers-Clearing-House-Christopher-Porter-CFO-Sandra-Woolfe-Pilas-Pantree-And-423559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House Christopher Porter, CFO; Sandra Woolfe:Pila's Pantree And Gift Center; Ba