Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes

• Updated: Fri, February 20, 2009

• Reported By:lowell Massachusetts
Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes
, Canada Canada

Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes my father was scammed through the mail for over 10,000 Canada

*Consumer Comment: world is no place for idiots

*Consumer Comment: PUBLISHERS CLEARINGHOUSE IS A BIG SCAM

*Consumer Comment: Some ideas...

It all started about a month ago. I did not realize he was being taken fraudently for all he had. Now he is broke and can't even afford to buy a new hot water heater. His basement is full of water and he might lose his aids because theyare complaining because of the problems this is causing. I think he is embarassed by this. He is easily led by nice friendly people not realizing that sometimes it is not genuine. I kept telling to be careful, but the elderly are easily taken. It started by him mailing alittle money. Then they mailed him a confirmation letter which he thought was real. When in actuality it was just someone trying to get his money. I called and left angry messages, but they kept calling when I wasn't there and trying to sucker him. They actually hung up the phone on me faking as if it was not the right residence.His aids actually complained they kept calling and would not leave him alone. I feel so bad because he is so depressed and said he wants to kill himself. He said he is lucky he has me and the kids. His account is depleted over 10,000 because they told him he won a large sum of money. I do not know who to contact or what I can do to get any of his money back. Please help me to help him. They still call and he does not answer now. They want him to borrow money to give them. They are considerate and easy talk him.He told them he is depleted and does not have it. He has no money and i'm afraid for him.

Dbabygirl
lowell, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2007 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House-Sweepstakes/Canada/Publishers-Clearing-House-Sweepstakes-my-father-was-scammed-through-the-mail-for-over-100-288344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes

world is no place for idiots

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

Sounds like your father is a complete moron. If it weren't for people like him scam artists would have no one to prey upon and would eventually go away.

PUBLISHERS CLEARINGHOUSE IS A BIG SCAM

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

This is one of the oldest scams since about the 60's. None of its true. I had to threaten them with the FTC if they did not leave my mother alone. I got rid of them good!!

Some ideas...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

One way to stop the phone calls would be to change the number and have the new one unlisted. That way the company would nat have the number to call.

However, something doesn't connect with the story. I participate in PCH sweepstakes. There is nothing in the sweepstakes part that requires payment of any type. Yes the sweepstakes come with offers of merchandise. But if nothing is purchased, nothing is owed. Says quite plainly that a purchase is not required to enter and does not increase your chance of winning. Also there is a contact addreaa to have your address removed from their mailing list if you do not want to receive their mailings.

I hate to hear of elders being taken and losing money, but somehow I don't think you're giving us the entire story.