Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House

• Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:Van Nuys California
Publishers Clearing House
, California U.S.A.

John Akers For Fraudulent Publishers Clearing HousePublishers Clearing House Sent check for $5890.00 to pay for Publisher's Clearing House $1,000,000 win but said I had to pay $3600.00 California

I received a fraudulent Publisher's Clearing House letter saying I won $1,000, 000 and a check for $5,890.00 from a company that had nothing to do with Publisher's Clearing House. I called the name on the letter and was told that I had to put the $5860 check in my account and pay $3600 back to Publisher's Clearing House. I then called the company whose name was on the check and they said that they had nothing to do with Publisher's Clearing House and that they were victims of identity theft. I called the United States Postal Inspector's Office and they said this whole thing was a scam and that if I put the check in my account that my entire account would be wiped out!!! Not only would I be ripped off but so would the company whose name was on the check, if it even cleared. This whole thing is a scam.

Van Nuys, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/California/John-Akers-For-Fraudulent-Publishers-Clearing-HousePublishers-Clearing-House-Sent-check-fo-409671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House