- Report: #278172
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House
Publishers Clearing Housepch.com Port Washington, New York U.S.A.
Publishers Clearing House Falsification of transaction record & failure to issue refund as promised Port Washington New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
merchandise which I, in fact, never received. The customer service
representative whom I called stuck to this story & told me to expect a refund. When I emailed them weeks later to ask about my refund, they claimed to have no record of the orignal transaction. Then, why was there a
$26.95 charge on my credit card statement dated July 23?
I have since called their corporate headquarters & mailed them a letter of
complaint against customer service. The revised official version of what
happened is as follows:
(1)) I "returned" the merchandise
(2) A credit was issued on August 23. Really? Not on my credit card.
Then it must have been a check. " Must have been"? Don't they know?
(3) Customer service should be glad that I am an honest person. Their records now seem to indicate that I paid twice & they owe me $59.
I have been told that corporate headquarters will take charge & order customer service to issue a check for $26.95. That remains to be seen. If it were not for the fact that money is owed, this would be one of the most hilarious examples of stupidity & incompetence that I have encountered.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2007 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/Port-Washington-New-York/Publishers-Clearing-House-Falsification-of-transaction-record-failure-to-issue-refund-as-278172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.