Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House

• Submitted: Wed, October 10, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2007

• Reported By:Marion Alabama
Publishers Clearing House
pch.com Port Washington, New York U.S.A.

Publishers Clearing House Falsification of transaction record & failure to issue refund as promised Port Washington New York

PCH has falsified the record of a purchase to indicate that I returned
merchandise which I, in fact, never received. The customer service
representative whom I called stuck to this story & told me to expect a refund. When I emailed them weeks later to ask about my refund, they claimed to have no record of the orignal transaction. Then, why was there a
$26.95 charge on my credit card statement dated July 23?

I have since called their corporate headquarters & mailed them a letter of
complaint against customer service. The revised official version of what
happened is as follows:
(1)) I "returned" the merchandise
(2) A credit was issued on August 23. Really? Not on my credit card.
Then it must have been a check. " Must have been"? Don't they know?
(3) Customer service should be glad that I am an honest person. Their records now seem to indicate that I paid twice & they owe me $59.

I have been told that corporate headquarters will take charge & order customer service to issue a check for $26.95. That remains to be seen. If it were not for the fact that money is owed, this would be one of the most hilarious examples of stupidity & incompetence that I have encountered.

Marion, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2007 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/Port-Washington-New-York/Publishers-Clearing-House-Falsification-of-transaction-record-failure-to-issue-refund-as-278172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House