Complaint Review: Publishers Clearing House

• Submitted: Tue, February 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Kingsmaster — Milwaukie Oregon United States of America
Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House pch.com Magazine where are??? Can't get my magazine order that I paid for. Port Washington, Internet

*General Comment: very polite and helpful

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to assist you

I ordered a magazine from Publishers Clearing House.  The order says it is supposed to come in 4-6weeks.  I received a bill from Publishers 2 weeks after I placed the order telling me to pay for my magazine.  I promptly paid it in full and waited for my magazine to arrive.

After 8 weeks I still did not receive my magazine.  I e-mailed (pch)-publishers clearing house 2 different times.  All I received back from them was the order has been processed.  No date of approximate arrival of the magazine.  No explanation of any kind.

I was finally frustrated enough to call them.  I talked to a Rochelle and she was not only vague about any information, she was rude.  All she said was she could put the order in again to re-order the magazine or send me back my money.  In both cases I would have to wait another 6-8 weeks to get back my money, or wait to see if the magazine ever shows up.

When I asked her why I had to wait so long to get back my money since I sent it to them right AWAY.
She stated that I didn't have to pay for my order until it showed up.  I went back and looked at the bill I received and it did not say that anywhere on the bill.  It just said pay this amount.  Well since I pay all my bills on time and have excellent credit I paid this one also.

In closing I would like to say they have very deceptive practices.  They don't care what happens to you once you pay your bill.  If you don't receive your merchandise-oh well.  They will send you back your money when and if they are good and ready.

Do not order magazines from them unless you don't care if you never get it.  And whatever you do don't pay in advance.  Wait to see if it ever shows up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/internet/Publishers-Clearing-House-pchcom-Magazine-where-are-Cant-get-my-magazine-order-that-I-692327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House

#1 General Comment

very polite and helpful

AUTHOR: cynthia-c - (United States of America)

i just got off the phone with PCH and they were extremely polite and helpful AND solved the problem. if folks would be polite to begin with i sort of think there might NOT be a negative ending to the contact with them.

i have NEVER had a problem with them before and will continue to order through them now and then!

We would like to assist you

AUTHOR: Publishers Clearing House - (USA)

Hey Kingsmaster,

We were truly sorry to learn of the negative experience you had with one of our representatives.  Please rest assured that we have forwarded your concern to her supervisor to address the issue, as this is not reflective of our normal service.

We want to ensure that our customers receive their orders in a prompt manner, and we apologize for the delay you experienced.  We would like to assist you with your order,  however we will need a bit more information in order to do so.  Please send us a message on our "Ask Us" page at http://pch.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask with your name, address and Order Number (if available) so that we may locate your order and resolve your concern.  We look forward to hearing from you!