racial

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:Hesperia California
Publishers Clearing House
Publisher's Clearing House.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Publishers Clearing House, Silver Mountain Disposal LLC Was told I was second place winner in a Reader's Digest Drawing. Was sent a "certified" check for fees Internet

I received a certificate from Publisher's Clearing House stating I was second place winner in a grand prize draw, by Reader's Digest.
Total amount to be claimed is $1,000,000. I was sent a "certified" check for $5,935.00 to cover outstanding fees that have not been paid by PCH directly.
I was told to contact my representative without any delay before depositing the check and for further information on the prize.
Representative: Mr. Michael Landsberg- 1-(888)-323-0864 Ext. #1
Security Code: Q0092XQQ
It further states, "It is obligated by U.S. Federal law that your Security code and Prize information are kept highly confidential for safety and security reasons. The Internal Revenue agent handling your file is Mr Henry Cohen."
It's signed Christopher Porter, Chief Financial Officer.
The check states it's from Alamosa National Bank, 2225 Main St., Alamosa, CO 81101-2557. The return address for the check is "Silver Mountain Disposal LLC, PO Box 160, Manassa, CO 81141-0160
There is no return address on the envelope. I called the Silver Mountain company and was told it's a hoax and they have no idea how they got their name. He said I was about the 10th person to call them. They're trying to check into it.
The back of the check is written in some foreign language where the signature is supposed to go. It says: "Endossement-signature ou estampille"
It also says, "Back/Endos"
I tried several times to call Michael Landsberg but only got a recording where I could leave a message, which I did but have received no response.
I was suspicious to start with, as I don't think Reader's Digest would turn over their prize distribution to Publisher's Clearing House. It would have been wonderful if real!!!!!

Dorothy
Hesperia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/nationwide/Publishers-Clearing-House-Silver-Mountain-Disposal-LLC-Was-told-I-was-second-place-winner-428105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Clearing House