Complaint Review: Publisher's Clearing House

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 06, 2004

• Reported By:Higganum Connecticut
Publisher's Clearing House
Lehigh Valley, PA Nationwide U.S.A.

Publisher's Clearing House Threats of Collection Proceedings for Services Never Rendered Lehigh Valley PA

*Consumer Suggestion: Accepting Responsibility

During one of the PHC campaigns, I decided to order a magazine. A few weeks later, once I received the magazine subscription bill, I opted not to subscribe and disregarded the invoice.

Several weeks later, I received a bill and notice informing me that I was delinquent and would subsequently be facing collection proceedings if I didn't make a payment.

When I phoned the company, the customer service agent I spoke with informed me that I needed to cancel the subscription by contacting PCH. I tried to explain that no merchandise had been delivered, and that I did not activate the subscription by remitting a payment. She told me that I should have received the magazine and that it must have gotten lost in the mail. I do not believe this story--it has been several months and I have never seen a single issue. Although I was able to staighten the problem out, I am concerned this incident could be indicative of fraudulant activity. Buyers beware!!!!!!!

Jennifer
Higganum, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2004 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Clearing-House/nationwide/Publishers-Clearing-House-Threats-of-Collection-Proceedings-for-Services-Never-Rendered-L-97723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publisher's Clearing House

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Any responsible adult would understand a subscription is activated when ordered.

#2 Consumer Suggestion