Complaint Review: Publishers Magazine Service

• Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Murfreesboro Tennessee
Publishers Magazine Service
Sandusky, Ohio U.S.A.

Publishers Magazine Service They said I had won a $400 gas card, but to get it I had to buy magazines. They charged me $57 even though I declined the offer! Sandusky Ohio

My phone rings at 8am when I am not in the most alert state of mind. A guy who is obviously reading from something and quite robotic tells me I have been entered to win $1,000,000.

He then says "and my computer just told me you have instantly won a $400 gas card that should be at your house in a few days." He already knew my address, obviously my phone number, and my full name.

He then transferred me to another guy who went through the same information and then told me I had 5 magazines coming to me per month for just $19.95! He also said that I could pay $57 up front and not have to worry about another bill for a few months. That seemed a bit high to me so I tried to decline the magazines. He pretended not to hear me and asked for my debit card number. He said he already knew it started with a 4, he just needed the rest.

That is when I realized that they probably already had my numbers and he just wanted me to verify them. I did not. I told him that I did not have the money in my account and that I did not want to pay that much.

He saiid he would call me back in 2 weeks if in case I changed my mind.

I immediately rushed to my bank and cancelled my debit card. It was too late though. $57 had already been charged to my account. The bank said I would have to wait until Monday to contest it since it was Friday and the charge would not go through yet.

I tried to call them back and cuss them out but their number was a non-working number.

B.spears
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Magazine-Service/Sandusky-Ohio-44870/Publishers-Magazine-Service-They-said-I-had-won-a-400-gas-card-but-to-get-it-I-had-to-bu-380006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Magazine Service