- Report: #322950
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Publishers Sweekstakes Co.
Publishers Sweekstakes Co.1985 Andesite Avenue Reno, Nevada U.S.A.
Publishers Sweekstakes Co. SCAM. Claims I'm the lucky winner of $1,000,000.00 unclaimed prize money. Check for $4,853.00 included in notification letter Reno Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
"Congratulations! You have been selected a winner for the March 2008 sweepstakes draw.
* Enclosed is a check for $4,853.00 payable to you to pay the applicable processing fees and MUST BE DEPOSITED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT ONLY AFTER SPEAKING WITH YOUR CLAIMS AGENT.
* We require you to keep your CLAIM CONFIDENTAL. This is for your safety and security reasons until your claim has been properly processed and funds remitted to you as part of our security protocal to avoid and DOUBLE CLAIMS.
*Please contact your A.C.O. (Authorized Claim Officer) Mr Joseph Pierce @ 1-888-632-9072 ext 1.
*The shipping agent handling your file is Mr Seth Roberts, ph# 306-881-6560.
The letter looks SO REAL. Nice grey paper, addresses and phone numbers.
The check looks even MORE REAL. Water marks, pink & grey.
SONY Corporation of America, 550 Madison Ave Fl 9, New York NY 10022-3301. 1-778-881-0665. Citibank Delaware.Asubsidiary of Citicorp, One Penn's Way, New Castle, DE 19720, 62-20/311 check # 678419
Tried to call "MY" A.C.O. Joseph Pierce... went to voice mail with no way to get addl info.. wanted my phone#, name etc. Felt Weird and Suspicious.
Tried "MY" shipping agent next, Seth Roberts.. he did answer and became very insist on my name and addr .."don't you want your money?" "I can't answer your questions but I can get your money to you." Put me on hold 3 times came back more hurried,aggressive & impatient, like I was 'letting' time waste to get this 'opportunity'. Lots of other voices in the background.. he did tell me I was calling CANADA! I hung up immediatly.
Only out long distance charges to another country. But this is SO WRONG!!!
Long beach, Mississippi
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2008 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Sweekstakes-Co/Reno-Nevada-89512/Publishers-Sweekstakes-Co-SCAM-Claims-Im-the-lucky-winner-of-100000000-unclaimed-pr-322950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.