Complaint Review: Publishers Sweepstakes Center

• Updated: Wed, July 23, 2014

• Reported By: Adrian — Covington Kentucky
Publishers Sweepstakes Center
, Select State/Province USA

Publishers Sweepstakes Center (Richard-agent and Sherri Perrotta-supervisor) Scam Alert- Kentucky 22nd Anniversary unsolicited phone call Ky

I received a call from Richard from(513) 878-1961stating I would be entered in a $25,000 sweepstakes, I would receive $100.00 in vouchers,  and three free magazines. However I would have three magazines that I have to pay for $3.97 weekly.  He transferred me to his supervisor Sherry Perrotta to confirm everything.  When she started asking my card information I became leary and that's when she reassured me and gave me her name and phone number (201) 308-5379. Also stating this information is needed because they order these magazines in advance.

I even requested a confirmation number (40109616). Less than two hours later I tried to call them back using both numbers to cancel,  but no answer after listening to the music for at least an hour. This morning I tried to find a number online and that's when I saw this site saying it's a Ripoff. I immediately called my bank explained the situation and yes they had tried to take money out of my account July 22, 2014 when the agreed upon date was July 30, 2014. Please beware!!!!!! They say a sucker born everyday don't let that be you,  because it was almost me. I did have to t cancel my credit card,  but it could have been much worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Center/Select-StateProvince/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Center-Richard-agent-and-Sherri-Perrotta-supervisor-Scam-Alert--1164278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Sweepstakes Center