Complaint Review: Publishers Sweepstakes Commission - Adam Zumwalt - Christian Galloway

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
Publishers Sweepstakes Commission - Adam Zumwalt - Christian Galloway
Winnipeg, Canada Canada

Publishers Sweepstakes Commission - Adam Zumwalt - Christian Galloway I received a check for $4885 and was instructed to call. Mr. Galloway said I won 255,000. and I would need to wire the money from the check to clear the "IRS & Customs" in Canada. He said that if it cleared than they would deliver my "winnings" the next day. Winnipeg Canada

Publishers Sweepstakes Commission sent a letter to me with a check for $4885 and asked that I call them before I deposit it. I phoned and was informed by Mr. Christian Galloway that I had won $255,000.; however, the Canadian government would not release the check until their fees were paid. He instructed me to deposit the check and use it for expenses to release my check. I questioned him about the check being drawn on a local bank and from a company that I had no knowledge of. He just stated that's how they do things! We were told to take out the amount in cash and to go to Western Union and wire the money to Ryan Gibson in Winnepeg. I checked with my bank to see if the check had cleared and I was informed that there was no reason for concern. After the money was sent I was notified that the winning check would be delivered at noon the next day. The check never came, they would not answer my phone calls, and when I checked my bank account on line, I found that the check they sent had no funds available.
They "got me" for $4885.00.
To add more "fuel to the fire", I received a phone call this week from an alledged "Customs Officer" telling me that the govrnment needed $2,000. more to clear customs. She said she had the check (now in the amount of $550,000.) and would release it for delivery to me if I paid the additional money. I hung up on her!

Nancy
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Commission-Adam-Zumwalt-Christian-Galloway/Winnipeg-Canada/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Commission-Adam-Zumwalt-Christian-Galloway-I-received-a-check-f-395332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Sweepstakes Commission - Adam Zumwalt - Christian Galloway

definite