Complaint Review: Publishers Sweepstakes Direct

• Reported By: Tamika — Joliet Illinois United States of America
Publishers Sweepstakes Direct
123 unknown, clear water, Florida United States of America

Publishers Sweepstakes Direct Rip Off-Scam! Beware!! clear water, Florida

Thanks God for all the other people who put there reports online. IT saved me $2850.00.

My mother received a phone called on July 08, 2011 around 1:00 pm cst. The agent name was Michael Thompson from Publishers Direct Sweepstake in Clearwater Florida. The agent informed my mother that he had won $285,000.00 and she has to pay a 1% charge of 2850.00 to cover her registerstration and ther fees( Entry fee and ect).  He also stated this money has to be send western union and it would cost us $100.00 to send it over.  He stated that the federal and state taxes have been paid  and the monies we have won are are sitting in an account waiting for the fees to be paid. When I disconnected the call from my mother I begin to wonder how they paid her federal and state takes without her SSN. My mother states she never gave that information over to them. I then looked online to find that other people have been experiencing the same thing.  Just  to think we almost gave in:)!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2011 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Direct/clear-water-Florida-/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Direct-Rip-Off-Scam-Beware-clear-water-Florida-750692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Sweepstakes Direct