Complaint Review: Publishers Sweepstakes

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:salt lake Utah
Publishers Sweepstakes
www.publisherssweepstakes.com Metropolitan Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Publishers Sweepstakes Liars and Cheats Metropolitan Charlotte North Carolina

These People called from a out of area number.They were not part of publishers clearing house or other places like that they were simply called Publishers Swepstakes.
When i answered it was a girl named Jessica.She said I was one of the finalist in a drawing to win 5,000 or a new Ford or a list of other prizes.But because i was a finalist i won a diamond gold plated watch and three free magizines for a year.

All i had to do was pay 3.99 a week for a fourth magazine for six months. Then Jessica gave me a sweepstake number and said on halloween the final drawing for the grand prizes would take place. She assured me how important this number was.

Then she transfered me to Barry. He asked me to confirm all the questions she asked which included my address,phone number and what credit card i held.He asked about the sweepstake number. Barry said that he would only charge my card 3.99 in 5 business days.
Then another person called my cell phone to confirm my number.I told them i didnt want the magazine and she said they already charged my account 59.80.We got into a arguement and i hung up the phone to call my bank.They had in fact charged my account 59.80.

The bank gave me the number who the charge was to (1-800 924-1399). I argued with another person who said they havent charged my account that the bank was holding it.I demanded to talk to the manager of the magazine company.She kept delaying until i got pissed and said i want to talk to the manager now!

The manager said they cant do anything until my order goes through and a voice audamated thing calls me.But untill then my account is in the negitive.She said they could call the same day or up to five buisness days.
If they call i will keep you upated!

Jess
salt lake, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishers-Sweepstakes/Metropolitan-Charlotte-North-Carolina/Publishers-Sweepstakes-Liars-and-Cheats-Metropolitan-Charlotte-North-Carolina-464559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishers Sweepstakes