Complaint Review: Publishing Clearing House, Canada: Mrs Katherine Hill, Mr Harvey Armstorng, Jonathan Brown,Cathy

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Bozeman Montana
PCH. Adelaid St. Toronto, ON, Ontario Canada

Publishing Clearing House, Canada: Mrs Katherine Hill, Mr Harvey Armstorng, Mr Jonathan Brown, D., Cathy PCH, International Scam, I was taken for $3,600. by a prize drawing - Martha Steward Living Mag. Toronto, ON, Calgary AB, St John, NL Ontario

*Author of original report: Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House, Canada notified me as a third place winner in a draw sponsored by Marth Stewart Living Magazine. There was a check enclosed for $5,340. drawn on a West Virginia bank. I was asked to phone Mrs Katherine Hill (attorney for PCH) for instructions. I was to wire $3,000.to
Mr. Jonathan Brown in Calgary or to Attorney Dorothy Freeman in St John's, NL I wondered if either person was real so I checked them out on the internet. They had addresses in Calgary and Newfoundland, so I felt it safe to wire the money and then phoned attorney Jonathan Brown in Calgary. He said he knew nothing about the $3,000. Apparently, PCH had only used his name to fraud me!

Cathy Stewart had signed the PCH notification. We were unable to reach her.
So, I phoned the American Internal Revenue agent who's name was also on the PCH notification. His name is Harvey Armstrong and he had a phone number. It was a Qubec cell phone which was not answered. I phoned the IRS about agent Armstrong. I was told to submit form 3949A to report this fraud, which I did.

The $5,340. check has not cleared my bank. But, I know already I've been taken by a Canadian international fraud team. I'm contacting the office of consumer protection in our state and will follow-up with law-enfourcement.

Katherine Hill introduced herself as an attorney for PCH, Dorothy Freeman was the attorney in St.John's, Jonathan Brown the attorney in Calgary. Does that say anything?

Jim
Bozeman, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Publishing-Clearing-House-Canada-Mrs-Katherine-Hill-Mr-Harvey-Armstorng-Jonathan-BrownCathy/Toronto-ON-Ontario-M5C-2K6/Publishing-Clearing-House-Canada-Mrs-Katherine-Hill-Mr-Harvey-Armstorng-Mr-Jonathan-Br-379938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Publishing Clearing House, Canada: Mrs Katherine Hill, Mr Harvey Armstorng, Jonathan Brown,Cathy

Publishers Clearing House

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

When I contacted Montana Consumer Protection they gave me two phone numbers to help nail these guys. Fraud investigation in Toronto at 888-495-8501. They completed a report to be shared with our local police. Then Project Cult Program in Montreal 514-939-8304. I spoke to Corporal Tim Caron a fraud investigator who was helpful. I hope he nails these guys. They deserve a very long time in prison!