• Report: #1977

• Submitted: Wed, April 05, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, April 05, 2000

• Reported By:
Puente Hills VW
17785 castleton Industry, California U.S.A.

New Cars that burns oil under 15,000 miles @Puente Hills VW CA

On October 8th 1999 I purchased a 1999 VW Passat V6 with 128 miles.Car is schedule for oil changes every 5,000 miles per manufacturers specs. I took my car for 1st oil change when this car had close to 5,000 miles. I discovered my engine only had 2 quarts of oil left.I made a comment with the dealer about that and they told me that was normal for the car to consume 1 quart per each 1,000 miles, which I find impossible on a brand new car. Then I called VW corporation and talked to a female service advisor, who told me the same thing. I feel this is not fair to any consumer than pays so much money for a vehicle hoping not to have an additional expense in add oil every 1,000. makes no sense, I rather buy me a $800 car and add oil every 1,000

I talked to Service Manager at Dealer where I purchased my vehicle and that they were willing to perform an oil consumption test. meaning that after adding oil to my engine, I will be scheduled to take car back to dealer every 1,000 and see much oil was consumed. Serv Manager said if they determine the car is burning more than one quart they will take that to the manufacturer. but if car is only consuming one quart per 1,000 they won't be able to do nothing for me. which I still find unfair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puente-Hills-VW/Industry-California-91748/New-Cars-that-burns-oil-under-15000-miles-Puente-Hills-VW-CA-1977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puente Hills VW