Complaint Review: Puerto Bahia

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: MikeM95831 — Sacramento California
Puerto Bahia
Carretera Punta Mita km 0.2, La Cruz de Huanacaxtl Internet Mexico

Puerto Bahia; Jorge Luis Nolazco; Also globalpremiumadvantage.com/ Refused to refund purchase price for Global Premium Advantage La Cruz de Huanacaxtl Nayarit Internet

*Author of original report: We might be making progress

*Author of original report: Another thief

On April 14, 2014, we visited Puerto Bahia. We did this to get our "free" prizes, and frankly, we were stunned when we saw the prices. At the prices offered, this was very clearly a no-go. We stated it clearly, and did not budge.

On the way out, they offered an "exit deal", where we were offered 8 weeks of our own time, plus 8 weeks to give to family or friends, plus 8 weeks as a bonus, and we only had to pay for the weeks we used (claimed average of $550/week), all for $3,000. Without thinking enough, my wife and I foolishly agreed.

But there was a catch. Since this transaction was subject to sales tax, they convinced us it would be better to pay for part of the package in cash. So the final deal was, $2,650 to a credit card, and $500 in cash.

Within 2 days, we returned to rescind. We did not know about the awful reputation this company has. Since we were well within the 5 day rescission period, we figured it would be easy.

Nope. They're now refusing to give us even $1.

They claimed we activated our membership, which is an outright lie.

I figure at this point we won't see the $500 again, so really, I'm just relating this story so other people will not make this mistake. If they claim to be part of RE-MAX, that is a patent lie. Check other postings and you will see what I mean.

If they claim that competitors are posting these claims, that is a lie. I work for the State of California, and I can prove that. I have zero interest in any timeshare of any kind.

Puerto Bahia, you are all lying scum. I don't believe a word you say, not even the woman who gave us our tour.

I hope the Mexican government wakes up to these scammers and closes them down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puerto-Bahia/internet/Puerto-Bahia-Jorge-Luis-Nolazco-Also-globalpremiumadvantagecom-Refused-to-refund-purc-1145917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puerto Bahia

We might be making progress

AUTHOR: MikeM95831 - ()

We received an email from the company asking us to provide our bank routing number, account number, account owner names, etc., so they could refund our money.

I believe my wife and I are smart enough to not do that.

Another thief

AUTHOR: MikeM95831 - ()

Add David Montano to the list of crooks at this resort. If you run across him, run away.