Complaint Review: Pulte/Del Webb

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2011

• Reported By: DelWebbSweetgrassWorst — chicago Illinois United States of America
Pulte/Del Webb

Pulte/Del Webb Cynthia Nicholson My parents purchased a brand new home in the retirement community at Sweetgrass. They have been in the home 3 weeks now with a damaged refrigerator and no working oven. Our Christmas celebration in Richmond, Internet

*General Comment: ALL "senior living" communities just want your $!!!

My parents purchased their dream retirement home in Del Webb/Pulte Sweetgrass, Tx.  The home was delayed so closing took place while my parents were on a 3 week cruise that had been planned a year in advance. We were adamant that we did not want to close until my parents were home so that if there were issues we would know as they would be in the home, living in it.  We were forced to close by our Del Webb sales person while my parents were away.  They moved into their brand new home 3 weeks ago and had a damaged refrigerator and non working oven that we bought from Pulte with the home.  Neither Pulte or Whirlpool will resolve the matter, and to this day (4 day prior to Christmas) my parents still have no working ovens and a damaged refrigerator with no working ice maker.  The dream home has become a nightmare.  How would a builder think of taking advantage of retired people that have saved for their dream home...and now can't cook and obviously received a damaged refrigerator with door dings that another customer didn't want, but still put it in my parents home hoping they would get stuck with it since by the time they would be home from their cruise it would be outside the window to request new appliances.  My parents have asked for their money back or new appliances.  We were told, that is not an option.  Also, the "customer service" agent that helped is now out for Christmas back on December 27th.  I bet her appliances work.  I believe Del Webb Sweetgrass takes advantage of its over 55 customers and will continue to deliver sub par brand new homes with non working appliances.  I HIGHLY Suggest you buy your own appliances so you don't live the nightmare my parents are in.
Merry Christmas!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PulteDel-Webb/internet/PulteDel-Webb-Cynthia-Nicholson-My-parents-purchased-a-brand-new-home-in-the-retirement-c-812103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pulte/Del Webb

#1 General Comment

ALL "senior living" communities just want your $!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Not in this community, but similar, "Copperfield Estates- A Holiday Retirement Co., has various UNBELIEVEABLE things that they do to seniors to get $$$ that they are not due!!!! Please read my report!!!