• Report: #719839

• Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: pissed — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
Puppies For Sale Site
12569 S. Stonebrook Circle Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Puppies For Sale Site Wizard of Claws Jim Anderson & Gilda Anderson Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: From The Humane Society of the U.S.

*Author of original report: Breeders Apologized

I ordered a male TEACUP puppy from puppies for sale site. Within  a week of buying a "Yorkshire terrier" puppy from them it became deathly ill!!! My puppy had to spend three days and nights at an emergency vet. We were allowed to visit once a day!!!!!

And though he survived, This "teacup " I bought from them is still under a year old and now weighs  a wopping seven pounds!!!! An actual teapcup should anywhere from 1 - 3 pounds. He is now larger than both of the  standard Yorkshire terriers I own.

My vet has informed me that the dog I was sold is not even 100% Yorkshire terrier and is "probably mixed with a Maltese." (The dog I received has white on his coat, Yorkshire terriers should NOT have any white and Yorkshire Terrier have prick ears and the dog we got has flopped ears.)

The dog I received is obviously not the dog I ordered. I spoke with the breeders a few months ago concerning this matter. I was told that the puppy was chipped and that it was the same dog in the picture. (A chip can be put in at any time!!! It could have been put right before they put him on the plane)

The puppy in the picture has prick ears (and I have the picture from their webiste to prove it!!!)and as I mentioned this dogs' ears flop down. That is not a Yorkshire Terrier Trait.

So in short I paid $2,000.00 for a mutt!!!! I've already bonded with the dog so a replacement is out of the question!!!! (But of course this is what these kind of breeders bank on, that the the buyers bond with the dog anyway and not complain).

I saved my money for over a year so I could afford a REAL TEACUP!!!!!!! And I got a mutt dog that is larger than a standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2011 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puppies-For-Sale-Site/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33330/Puppies-For-Sale-Site-Wizard-of-Claws-Jim-Anderson-Gilda-Anderson-Fort-Lauderdale-Flori-719839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puppies For Sale Site

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

From The Humane Society of the U.S.

AUTHOR: GW22 - (United States of America)

Can you please tell us the name of the breeder?

Thank you!

Peter Wood
The Humnane Society of the United States

Breeders Apologized

AUTHOR: pissed - (United States of America)

I spoke with Gilda from the puppies for sale site. She was very apologetic and wanted to try to make amends. We agreed on an amount that would be fair to both parties.

As far as I'm concerned ,they made good in a fair and prompt manner and acted as true professionals. I apologize for not contacting them first and giving them a chance to explain. I should not have been so hasty to lodge a complaint.