Complaint Review: Pure Nutrients / Nature Cleanse

• Submitted: Thu, June 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 25, 2009

• Reported By:Fairfax California
Pure Nutrients / Nature Cleanse
181 Marsh Hill Road Orange, Connecticut U.S.A.

Pure Nutrients / Nature Cleanse Not only is this a scam and a ripoff, the customer service rep just hung up on me when I called to complain!! Orange Connecticut

I placed an order for Nature Cleanse (and the Acai Berry product) and then left on a 10-day vacation. I did not see anything on either site or either confirmation email about the 14-day cancellation period (FREE TRIAL PERIOD!!) and the resulting $88 charge (for the trial period) and subsequent $93.95 monthly fee (to post on the day immediately following the 14-day period. (Of course, if you look at the site now, you can see the links to Terms and Policies and all the other legalese in teeny print all the way at the bottom of the page. Nice.)

When I returned, I was still within the "FREE TRIAL PERIOD" but - of course - had not had time to try the product. I cancelled anyway - or attempted to. It was impossible to get through to Nature Cleanse; I finally did and thought the matter was resolved - and the following week, both the $88 and $93.95 appeared on my bank statement.

When I called, the rep told me that I had "agreed to" the $93.95 charge and that the product had already shipped, so it was too late to credit it back. She said I could not return it unopened because of "FDA regulations" (I don't think the stuff is even regulated by the FDA). Regarding the $88, she said that must have been a system error because she wasn't even seeing it on her screen. She said I'd have to call back later to ask about that.

When I pushed back, she HUNG UP ON ME! So...I'm disputing all charges with my bank and other than that, I'm not sure what else to do. I can't believe I got myself into this mess. I never even opened the stupid bottle.

Jen
Fairfax, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pure-Nutrients-Nature-Cleanse/Orange-Connecticut-06477/Pure-Nutrients-Nature-Cleanse-Not-only-is-this-a-scam-and-a-ripoff-the-customer-service-464986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pure Nutrients / Nature Cleanse