Complaint Review: Purebred Breeders

• Reported By: DRAKELUCIAN — Eustis, Florida United States of America
Purebred Breeders

Purebred Breeders puppy mill supporter Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Drake Lucien

*Author of original report: Response to my original report "Purebred Breeders supports puppy mills

I purchased a West Highland White Terrier (Westie) from Purebred Breeders a couple years ago and have vowed to tell as many people as I can what I now know, they're a puppy mill or at least affiliated. When I received "Romeo" he had a smell to him that could only have come from a dead animal, there was no mistaking the smell. It took me about two weeks and about 30-40 baths to wash off the smell. As if this all by itself isn't bad enough, I thought "someone actually had to pick him up and send him to me this way". It was at this exact moment that I realized that he could only have come from a puppy mill. It broke my heart to think of the other puppies that were living in this terrible manner. When I picked Romeo up from the Airport (safest traveling possible of course) he seemed terrified of me and trembled all the way to my house. Romeo only stopped trembling once he saw my other dogs and was eager to play with them, he had never spent any time with people and wasn't comfortable around them. I am lucky not to have had any medical issues with Romeo other than allergies which are typical of Westies. FYI Purebred Breeders website design is mimicked on other sites and is really Purebred breeders. Please do your research and only buy from hobby home breeders or professionals. Don't support these terrible people. If the breeder won't allow you to come to their property and see the conditions the puppies and parents of the puppies are living in, it is safe to assume they're a puppy mill of affiliate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2010 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purebred-Breeders/internet/Purebred-Breeders-puppy-mill-supporter-Internet-636727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purebred Breeders

Response to Drake Lucien

AUTHOR: Director of Marketing - (USA)

Through internal investigation, we were able to find out who the customer was that posted this report. We spoke to him on the phone to follow-up on his experience and check on Romeo.

We also wanted him to know that we have particular procedures and standards in place in how we accept our breeders. Additionally, we have a broad tracking system that follows each puppy placement. This tracking system included this customers issues and we wanted the customer to know soon after he received Romeo we chose to no longer work with this breeder.

The policies and procedures we have in place for both accepting new breeders and tracking our current network supports our commitment to only having the best and most responsible breeders on our site.  Sometimes we do need to discontinue our relationship with a breeder when they do not meet the standards we have set for our organization.

We were very glad to hear that Romeo is doing well in Central Florida and we continue to do everything we can to assure our customers that we are dedicated to only working with responsible professional breeders.

Response to my original report "Purebred Breeders supports puppy mills

AUTHOR: DRAKELUCIAN - (United States of America)

Its funny how fast Purebred Breeders will call you back once you make a public complaint about them. I just spoke with Kerry, a customer service representative for Purebred Breeders. Kerry told me that they are no longer affiliated with the puppy mill that Romeo came from. I told her that is good but what about all of the other puppy mills that they are getting puppies from because Im not the only person who they sold a puppy to that came from a mill. Kerry told me that they have an entire department dealing with the issue and they get lied to like everyone else and breeders slip under the radar. I told her to fire the department or have the people leave the office and visit locations where puppies are coming from. Kerry repeatedly told me that they are doing everything that they can. I told her that people cant just take someones word as I believe we shouldve learned through just my own experience let alone all other complaints. Kerry told me that I cant believe everything I hear, to which I replied I dont have to because Im one of those people youre talking about and Im sure youre going to tell people not to believe me. Basically, in my experience, Purebred Breeders waits on complaints from customers, thats how they determine who is running a puppy mill. Kerry told me what she was told to by her boss Im sure and hasnt the slightest clue about what is really going on at the company she works at, there for the paycheck in my opinion. Purebred Breeders will lie straight to your face, either intentionally or ignorantly. There is no excuse for selling puppies from puppy mills if you sell puppies for a living and then claim youre doing all that you can to prevent puppy mills. Get off youre a** and do your job, people trust you to do so. I almost forgot, she reminded me that I was promised registration papers that Ive not received to this day.