Complaint Review: Purfect Auto Service #17

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2003

• Reported By:south pasadena California
Purfect Auto Service #17
20732 Lake Forest Dr. Bl. El Toro, California U.S.A.

Purfect Auto Service #17 ripoff El Toro California

I went in to get routine smog check for my car. The banner stated $29.95 which was a lot cheaper than the other places, but I found out that under footnotes that it was excluding the certificate and electronic funds transfer fee. The total came out to $40.95 which was much higher that other places.

Then, the owner called me and told me to pick up my car and said that my car had failed. The normal eitquette is to let me know prior to the smog check that my car was bound to fail because of a check engine light being on. I knew that the light was on before I brought the car in. I asked him why he didn't inform me that the car was bound to fail knowing that the check engine light was on. He gave me a ridculous excuse that the reason was because by law he wasn't supposed to tell me that something was going to cause it to pass or fail. Furthermore he kept insisting that I do a diagnostic test on the car when I have HAD one already and know the reason why the light was on.

Finally, he started yelling at my friend when we told him that we needed the report so that we can get back to work. He did not send someone immediately and it took us 15 mins before we could get a copy of the results so that we can get back to work.

The manager was unprofessional and lazy. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THEM FOR ANY SERVICES!!

Song
south pasadena, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2003 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purfect-Auto-Service-17/El-Toro-California-92630/Purfect-Auto-Service-17-ripoff-El-Toro-California-70254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purfect Auto Service #17