Complaint Review: Purity By Mineral.science

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2008

• Reported By:santa Cruz California
Purity By Mineral.science
13710 Hutton Dr. Farmers Branch, Texas U.S.A.

Purity By Mineral.science "free" offer ended up costing $8.95 with shipping, then $59 even though I returned the package with the return number which was given to me when I called Farmers Branch Texas

I was on the internet and found an offer for Mineral powder trial for $1.00, and when I opened it, there was an invoice for the shipping and handling--$7.95, I think. It also said that if I didn't return it withing 2 weeks, they would charge my card $59.00, so I decided it wasn't worth the product, I called and received a return number. I mailed the box to them and then I just received a charge on my card for the $59! I am disputing the charge with my card company, and will try to call on Monday--their offices are closed on the week end. I suggest that there be some class-action suit for people who get ripped off by these scammers on the internet.

When I bought a plane ticket last year, there was a clever little box to check for another company called Great Fun, and I started to get charged $10.99 a month. I didn't notice the charge until several months later, and when I called the company to cancel, they stopped the charges, but have yet to refund the other money. Their scam is to have a place on the internet ticketing where people unwittingly check a box, thinking it is part of the ticket. All I can say is check your statements thoroughly before you pay!

Victoria
santa Cruz, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purity-By-Mineralscience/Farmers-Branch-Texas-75234/Purity-By-Mineralscience-free-offer-ended-up-costing-895-with-shipping-then-59-even-316058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purity By Mineral.science