Complaint Review: Purity Miineral Science Makeup

• Submitted: Thu, June 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:Roscoe Texas
Purity Miineral Science Makeup
1040 Trade Ave, Ste 106 DFW Airport, Texas U.S.A.

Purity Miineral Science Makeup, Ron, Melissa misleading emails, terms and conditions DFW Airport Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Customer was refunded

My daughter placed an order for a trial of Purity Mineral Makeup. She canceled the trial in the 21 day period. She received a confirmation email that stated she needed to mail the product back to them within 45 days of her original order date. The 45 days would have been tomorrow, June 26, 2009, yet they billed my VISA yesterday 6-24-2009. This charge caused an overdraft.

I called them and they said that if I mailed the product back and gave them a tracking number, they would refund the charge. I did so and requested they also reimburse the overdraft fee. I ended up talking to this girl named Melissa who claimed she was the supervisor. She kept going on and on that the terms and conditions said that if you canceled that they would extend the billing date 30 days (it doesn't say from what...the original order date or the 21 days after?)

In my opinion their leaving that out of the confirmation email negates what they have in the terms and conditions. They also kept implying that they should receive the product within 45 days and not it just being mailed by that time.

I had a trial myself earlier and really liked the product, but i got a better deal with (((competitor's name redacted))). I had considered trying their product again, but, if that is the way they treat their customers, I don't see that happening.

If and when I get a refund, I will update!

Buggdbyndbelief
Roscoe, Texas

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purity-Miineral-Science-Makeup/DFW-Airport-Texas-75261/Purity-Miineral-Science-Makeup-Ron-Melissa-misleading-emails-terms-and-conditions-DFW-A-464992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purity Miineral Science Makeup

AUTHOR: Buggdbyndbelief - (U.S.A.)

I did receive a refund. Thankfully, my bank refunded the overdraft charge, as it was obvious the charge from Mineral Science was billed in error.

Mineral Science needs to look into improving their customer service. Saying "we apologize if this customer was confused"....is NOT good customer service. In fact, it was very insulting and condescending.

Saying that they extended the billing date 30 days is rather ambiguous. 30 days from when? Yes there is such a statement in the terms and conditions, but the info on that should have been included in the cancellation email. It is stated that you have 45 days to mail the product back...not that you have 45 days for Mineral Science to receive it. I think Michelle is the one confused here.

Customer was refunded

AUTHOR: Michelle2993 - (U.S.A.)

We apologize if this customer was confused, however our return policy is clearly stated in the terms and conditions on our website and were also included on her invoice. Below is a copy of the return policy in the terms and conditions. As it states the customers billing date was extended 30 days when she called in to obtain the RMA number. It also clearly states the product must be returned 45 days from the sign up date. This customer mailed their package at the end of the time frame and it would not have arrived by the 45th date. The supervisor, Melissa, made an exception for this customer and offered to refund the charge for the makeup. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the overdraft fee this customer was charged as we followed our policy as stated below. Our policy also states that we are not responsible for overdraft fees.

The customer service supervisor did refund the charge for the makeup at the time of the call as promised. This customer should see the makeup charge returned to her account in 2-3 business days as it varies for each banking institution.

Michelle
Customer Service Agent

Return & Refund Policy:

We believe in our Member's complete satisfaction. If you wish to return your Purity order, follow these instructions:

Call our Customer Service Team at 866-363-6797 or email us at service@mineralscience.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) and to receive instructions to return the remaining portion of your order within 21 days of the original order date. By calling or emailing within the 21 day trial period your billing date will be extended 30 days.

Clearly write the RMA# on the outside of the package and complete the enclosed form on the reverse side of your invoice. Include this form inside your return package.

Members assume the responsibility for return postage on all return orders.REFUSED DELIVERIES OR PACKAGES MARKED "RETURN TO SENDER" WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR RETURNED TO THE MEMBER. The remaining portion of your Purity order will need to be returned. The free gift is yours to keep. To return the trial, you have 45 days from your sign up date. On recurring shipments you have 30 days from the billing date to return the unopened product. The cost of your order will be refunded less a $7.95 restocking fee on your recurring shipment. For your security, credit will only be issued to the credit card that was used to sign up.

Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR (1) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, OR (2) ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the forgoing disclaimer may not apply.