Complaint Review: Purity Mineral Science Make-up

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 31, 2009

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Purity Mineral Science Make-up
www.mineralscience.com Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Purity Mineral Science Make-up Seems I am just another person that this company is trying to rip off! Nationwide Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Settle with the credit company

I was at another website and was offered several products to try and that would make me able to purchase computer at low price. I was offered a sample of makeup and was only going to have to pay for shipping. I got the product, was not impressed and moved on.

Today, 4 months later I got a letter saying I had been turned over to a collection agency. I called Mineral Science and was told that in "the letter" I received with the product, it spelled out that this was a trial order.

I didn't get a letter and I don't think I should have to pay. Luckily the card I used to pay for shipping has been re-issued with new number. I'm worried about my credit rating. Any sugguestions?

Joan
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purity-Mineral-Science-Make-up/Marietta-Georgia-30068/Purity-Mineral-Science-Make-up-Seems-I-am-just-another-person-that-this-company-is-trying-469138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purity Mineral Science Make-up

Settle with the credit company

AUTHOR: Michelle2993 - (U.S.A.)

This customer needs to reach a settlement with the collection agency. The offer they signed up for a was a trial on a two month supply of makeup. This was on the checkout page at the time of the order. It was also stated in a confirmation email sent after the product was ordered and on the invoice mailed with the product.

After the trial period is over, customers are billed for the full cost of the two month supply if they do not contact our company within the allotted time to arrange to return the remaining portion of the makeup. In this customers situation, the credit card could not be billed because the number was changed so the account was turned over to a collection agency. Had the customer contact us during the trial period we would have explained the return policy and cancelled all further billings.

Michelle