Complaint Review: Purity Products

• Submitted: Mon, March 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 02, 2009

• Reported By:Wichita Kansas
Purity Products
200 Terminal Drive Plainview, New York U.S.A.

Purity Products LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY!If you call to get a "free" bottle from radio advertisment! Plainview New York

*Consumer Comment: Total Scam

*Consumer Comment: Another View

*Consumer Comment: Dear Jenn

*Consumer Comment: a company by the same name

*UPDATE Employee: We are not scam artists...

I will start by saying, yes, Purity Products are good, what they lack is integrity.For starters,on the radio they claim that the 1st 1000 callers will get a "free" bottle of the HAjoint.Well,it isn't free, they charge you $7.95 for shipping, which, although this price for shipping is extremly high, $7.95 for a bottle of the the vitamins is alright.Second,they really insult their listening audience intelligence by trying to make us hurry up & call so we can be one of the 1st 1000 callers.The fact of the matter is,you can call at any time & people who answer the phone will answer the exact same no matter what time of day or day of the week that you call.("Thank you for calling the......whatever it is they are selling......did you hear about this offer on the radio?")Then,after they go through their long 'wordy' script they say, "which credit card will you be using?"BEFORE they get any other information from you,they get your card number.Then you give them your personal information,THEN after they have your card # and all your personal information they tell you,"GREAT!Since you accepted our free bottle today you become a 'supersaver' customer & they go into ANOTHER loooonnnng wordy script again & by the time they are finished most people,I'm sure have lost interest & agree with them when they hear them say, "Ok". Then,you think your through, oh no!Now they go into yet ANOTHER loooonnnnnng script offering you something else for an additional 2.00 for the shipping.If you tell them no, they come back with how wonderful the product is & it would only be an additional 2.00,what do you have to lose?(Or something along those lines)I almost fell for it until I was getting ready to hang up girl "confirmed"with me that I would be receiving 3 bottles of both products every 3 months charged to the account that I gave her (them)!Also,I noticed that when I initially agreed to the 'supersaver' program the vitamins was going to be "rushed out to me so I would receive it in 5-7 business days", when I said, "HOLD UP!"And told her to take me off of that program deal,(after she tried to convince me not to by telling me that I could call to "customize" my order at any time)At the closing she said "ok this will be rushed out to you so you should receive it in 1-2 weeks."I wasn't going to tell this poor girl that was just doing her job what a (for lack of better words) scam this company is.I just wonder how many elderly people have called & agreed to this NOT KNOWING what they were doing.Also,they want you to double your dose for the 1st 2 weeks, they tell you they are giving you a month supply, well they are, but it is only 2 weeks supply when you double your dose.Again,I liked the product,but I REFUSE to purchase from them anymore due to their "shady" & PUSHY SALES tactics.Go to GNC or other health markets,you'll find something just as good & no one will try & force anything on you.Also,if you check the website, the 'normal' price they tell you on the phone is cheaper on the web.Then my mom called about another "offer" she heard on the radio, & THEY TRIED GETTING HER TO ACCEPT THE ADDITIONAL OFFER that was the HAjoint that I had originally called about & they quoted her that the 'regular' price was something completely different than anything else I had heard!1st price:$54.95 per bottle,"normal" price. 2nd price:$39.95 per bottle,"supersaver" price 3rd price:$29.99 per bottle,"supersaver" price on the web,4th price:$46.95 per bottle, the price that they told my mom was the 'normal price'.What the true price is, who knows.Like I said when I began, the company lacks integrity.If their products are as good as they say they are, they will sell themselves.Something isn't right.

Jamie
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2008 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purity-Products/Plainview-New-York/Purity-Products-LISTEN-VERY-CAREFULLYIf-you-call-to-get-a-free-bottle-from-radio-advert-314407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purity Products

Total Scam

AUTHOR: BeRad - ()

I got suckered into the raido promo at work got the free bottle and just had the most awful customer serivce experience of my life... I hate stuff that autos of your card so I called to cancel the super saver, the guy kept running me around offering lower and lower prices if I would let them keep using my card... at frist I was nice and said look I know your doing your job but I just don't want the super saver, still going around and around I finally had to get frim and say you better do this now (in a starting to get loud voice) he says he has to get a manager to get me my cancelation code is gone for 10+ min while I'm on hold, comes back with another price!!! keeps trying to sell me!!! finally I had enough yelled at him and then I was the bad guy getting loud... Never use this company they are a scam and you can get a better product in a store that won't harass you

Another View

AUTHOR: Citiboy - ()

I have been a customer of Purity Products for several years, and my experience has only been positive.  I originally responded to a radio ad for their HA Folmula for arthritis.  When I phoned, I told them I just wanted the free bottle, and did not want the Super-Saver auto-ship program.  They complied without argument, and I paid the shipping fee only.  After trying the product, I decided to continue, and called them to begin the Super-Saver auto-ship program, because it is cheaper, and you don't have to rely on your memory.  Over several years, I have called several times to modify quantities and shipping dates, and have never had a problem.  As for being overpriced, who knows?  As a consumer, I am not so conversant with prices of these products that I can make any kind of judgement.  The HA Formula seems to work, helping to keep my arthritis at bay.  The moral: when someone is selling you something, listen to every word, and stay awake.

Dear Jenn

AUTHOR: Ripped - ()

Unfortunately your rebuttal did not address all the issues and in my view only confirmed the complaint.  You are probably a loyal employee trying to defend Purity or possibly a principal in the company, but not convincing.  Why do you and so many other infomercials or telemarketers use the same deplorable sales tactics as "Bait & Switch", Misleading Ads, Upselling, so called Risk Free Trials or Just Pay Additional Shipping & Handling when there isn't any additional cost?

Your rebuttal included the 15 days from the when the product hits the door.  As was stated in the origianl complaint you are supposedly giving away a free 30 day supply so why only 15 days?  The biggest offense to consumers is the requirement to cancel within a trial period otherwise you auto ship more products.  You take it further and cut the trial period in half before any benefit can be evaluated.   In my opinion, near the end of the trial a reputable company with a worthy product would first follow up with the consumer to confirm satisfaction, then ask if they wish to continue receiving their product.

I personally will not do business with companies using such practices.  In fact, since I just listened to a radio ad, it was my intent to try the Vitamin D, but since I searched for Purity Vitamins and foiund this and other complaints I've decided against buying from Purity. If you truly believed you had a superior product as your ad claims, you wouldn't need to trap consumers with such shody business practices.  You might want to reconsider your marketing plan, after all, what do you have to lose?

a company by the same name

AUTHOR: e_oriol - (USA)

The reason why so many people are leaving bad feedbacks could be because they are confusing you with another company based in Utah which also calls itself purity.I do not know if they have products also in their title.They ripped me off for 89 dollars by charging my account after they agreed to reimburse me for an unauthorized charge to my credit card.Their mailing address is PO Box,2635,Riverton,Utah,34065 and their phone number is 877-300-6125.You may want to get in touch with your lawyers and drive those charlatins out of business.

We are not scam artists...

AUTHOR: Jenn - (USA)

I work for Purity Products and my job is to answer those calls for the radio commercials. I want everyone to know that they say in the commercial that you will be charged for shipping. As far as the Super saver program goes we tell you right off the bat you have 15 days from the day the product hits your door to cancel and you won't get charged anything...... The products are worth it Your health is worth it. I really do not see how you can call us scam artists when we do everything by the book and we are backed by the Better Business Bureau. I'm sorry that you feel that way I truly am but you are wrong......