Complaint Review: Puro Rey Cigars, puroreycubancigars.com, .dutyfreecubancigars.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 20, 2010

• Reported By:Castleton New York
Puro Rey Cigars, puroreycubancigars.com, .dutyfreecubancigars.com
#12 Airport Plaza Internet Cayman Islands

Puro Rey Cigars, puroreycubancigars.com, dutyfreecubancigars.com This company will take your money Georgetown, Grand Cayman Islands Internet

*Consumer Comment: Damian is a crook!!!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Hoax-No record of an order from this address.

*Author of original report: Update on this company

If you do a search for this company, or the guy who owns it (Mr Damian Bancroft), you will find some wonderful reviews, especially about how honest he is. I believed them! My mistake. I placed an order on his website, received a confirmation immediately, was charged 2 days later, and then the nightmare began. I will say that I received part of my order. But the remainder of the order... well, after numerous emails, phone calls (which are not answered as the phone service as of 10-28-08 is no longer in service), attempted faxes, etc, I've had to go to my bank and ask for their assistance in recovering my money. Whether this will happen or not remains to be seen. However, word needs to be sent out about this man and his outright stealing.

Happyjacky50
Castleton, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2008 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Puro-Rey-Cigars-puroreycubancigarscom-dutyfreecubancigarscom/internet/Puro-Rey-Cigars-puroreycubancigarscom-dutyfreecubancigarscom-This-company-will-take-yo-391188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puro Rey Cigars, puroreycubancigars.com, .dutyfreecubancigars.com

Damian is a crook!!!!!!

AUTHOR: rennD - (United States of America)

I too have been ripped off by him.  He was responsive at first and then suddenly he never replied again.  I never received any goods or a refund.  Stay away from this guy!

Hoax-No record of an order from this address.

AUTHOR: Damban13 - (Cayman Islands)

We have checked our order records back until March 2008 and have no order with this delivery address. Must be a post from competition.

Update on this company

AUTHOR: Happyjacky50 - (U.S.A.)

Well, before my 60 day period expired with my bank which would allow me to file a dispute (for items never received), the bank issued a provisional refund. Low and behold, I finally received an email from Mr Bancroft. The items I had ordered were on back order. Then he forgot about my order (and I guess the 25 other emails I sent to remind him)... he at least agreed to refund my money. Let's see?